Monday, January 26, 2009

Quiet Moments

Friday we worked at the new WHIZ office and guest house that is being built so teams will have a place to stay. It was fun to meet some of the construction workers. They are building this beautiful and large facility with all hand tools. It is amazing to see. They are very talented. It would frustrate you men in moments. They can't just run down to the Lowe's and pick up supplies either.

We spent the rest of the weekend either studying, doing laundry by hand, or going to church. Today is a catch up day for all our work and I decided to start the day emailing Mike, who I miss more than I have words for. I miss being able to call my son and daughter anytime I want. I know contact would be minimum, but had no idea how hard that would be. Last night I couldn't get on the internet, which I had not been on for a few days, and I walked home crying. It was pouring rain. The water was seeping up my long skirt, and I didn't care. It matched my mood. Today, I had internet and could read email from Mike and all the posts from you, and I felt much better. Thank you for taking the time to leave comments. They mean so much to me. Miss you all.

Let the SonShine,
Melinda

6 comments:

stuff by sara said...

Hey!
I know you are homesick for Mike and the kids, but wow...you guys are doing amazing things for the Lord there!
I'm praying for you and for the people you are touching.
We'll have to get together when you get back...I can't wait to hear all about it!
Sara

Mike Hornback said...

I love you and miss you more than words can say. I am praying for u constantly. You're going to be so much stronger when you get home. I cannot wait to see it and learn from it. Did I say I love you?

Unknown said...

Hey mom,
It sounds hard, but I wish I could have come too. Love u

QueenMalley said...

I know about being homesick, Melinda. Although I was just in NYC it seemd like a foreign land to me and I missed my kids. It's ok. You will have those days. I did, and then I had wonderful days as well. You will grow personally from this experience.
Love
Barb
Jack Kent Cooke

Missy said...

Hey Melinda,  Stay strong, I know how it feel to be away from family and friends for so long. Its hard, but oh so worth it!!!  Well you may have rain but us here in Madison have about 6 to 7 inches of snow and ice!!!  I'd trade ya!  We can't get out of the driveway!!  Just remeber when you're down that those of us back here are with you in spirit and in prayer.Talk to ya soon.PTK Hugs Missy

Megan said...

I know a Grande Decafe Latte Extra Hot Extra Shot is calling your name! Our church is building a school in Zambia. It's associated with God's House Zambia. That would be cool if you met them. Just look back on all the things you asked God for and He said no to. Imagine if GOd said yes to those things what you would be missing out on now. God is so good! Can't wait to hear more!
Megan